Le Creuset Pie Bird
The pie bird may be old-fashioned, but this time-honored baker's tool has turned out countless delicious pies over the course of centuries. The hollow pie bird vents steam from the filling as it cooks, preventing the contents from boiling over. Arches on the bottom redirect excess moisture to keep the bottom crust from becoming soggy. The top crust will be held in place, and your oven will be free of spills.
- Stoneware maintains even temperatures and prevents scorching
- Unmatched thermal resistance — safe for freezer, microwave, oven, broiler and dishwasher
- Dense stoneware blocks moisture absorption to prevent cracking, crazing and rippling
- Impermeable exterior enamel resists scratches and stains, and is safe for cutting on with knives
- Nearly-nonstick glazed interior easily releases foods for quick cleanup